Tuesday 21 January 2014

Surviving Schizophrenia: A Memoir

At the end of my last blog post I wrote about Russell Blake, who has churned out an incredible number of books in a very short space of time.  He has earned a fortune (and I believe he deserves it for working so hard).  I forgot to include a very important piece of information about this writer - he is self-published.  (As am I).

Blake says that a self-published author must spend 75% of their time actually writing and 25% marketing.  So, here goes - my memoir is doing very well at the moment.  It is riding high in the Amazon charts.  It has several new recent reviews, and a five star rating.  And it's discounted at the moment, on a Kindle Countdown deal.

Here's the link, so you can check it out for yourselves:  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Surviving-Schizophrenia-Memoir-Louise-Gillett-ebook/dp/B0057P6M46

Blake also contends that the cover is all important, and I know he's right - I am quite embarrassed now of the family snap that adorns the front of my book.  It is so not professional.  I am resolved to do something about it at some point - but for now I have to get back to my task of manically putting words on the page. 

I have a target to meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment