Saturday 11 February 2012

A Funny Few Days

I have been down in the dumps a bit, since I fell the other day when I was walking the dog.  A couple of days ago I pulled a muscle in my shoulder when I was putting my coat on, and then accidentally locked myself out of the house... Then I woke up the next morning with the beginnings of a cold.  And it has been so darned freezing recently - that doesn't help anybody's mood.

Anyway, today I stopped moping.  Paul and I had to ferry the kids around a bit this morning - a cake sale here, a birthday party there... I actually quite enjoyed the being out and about.  Most of the time I am at home in front of the computer these days, except when I walk the dog, so it was just nice to circulate.  Then this afternoon Paul had to go to work, so I took the children and the dog to a local beauty spot.  And it really was beautiful - the views were just stunning.

I read an article about George Clooney in the Times today - I think he was publicising his latest release, The Descendants.   Apparently, he is living in constant pain, since he injured the base of his neck a few months ago.  And I thought - gosh, George Clooney, who seems to have it all - I actually feel sorry for him.  All I have had to contend with - for months - is a minor muscle sprain, and I was readly to cave in with misery and self pity after just a day.  So that puts it in perpective.  And all my aches and pains are subsiding already anyway - by tomorrow I reckon I will be as fit as a fiddle.

So, I have decided to appreciate life more, from now on.  Just spending time with the children is so wonderful - there is so much to be grateful for.  It is the half term holiday now, and I am going to make sure that we all have a break to remember.  And before we know where we are, spring will have sprung once more. 

2 comments:

  1. It must be the weather. I was moping around, too, and knotted a leg muscle while lying in bed!
    Glad to hear you've perked up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rossa. Hope your leg is better soon. Paul and I went for another long walk with the dog and children today - it did us all the world of good. We had piggy back races, and a ride on the land train, and loads of chocolate in the car afterwards. A nice start to the half term holiday. All the best. L.

    ReplyDelete