Friday 18 November 2011

How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran

Hi again

This title 'How to Be a Woman' by Caitlin Moran is one of eighteen books currently on my bedside table.  I have just counted.  Yesterday the pile appeared to be teetering, and I thought, 'That's odd, it's not long since I took a whole load of books out to the shed'  (Paul built the shed several years ago for me to write in: I now have a corner and the kids have the rest for their toys).

Anyway.  I have read eight of the books (they can go out to the shed now).  I have partly read three (one of them I am reading in stages with my older son).  The rest are just gathering dust. 

But the reason I mentioned it is because my son noticed the Caitlin Moran one the other day.  He looked at it.  He is a good reader for his age, is at that stage where he suddenly reads stuff all over the place.  And he looked mystified as he said, 'But you already know how to be a woman'. 

So sweet.  I just had to share that.

That is one of the books I haven't yet read, and I should.  Trouble is, it has gone to the bottom of the pile because it has been so widely reviewed that I feel I don't really need to read it now - I have already got its measure.  I just wrote my Poppy Shakespeare review - the first Amazon review I have done, which I can hardly believe - and then had to rewrite it because I had given the plot away in my first attempt. 

I am definitely going to review every book I read now.  And I will find it easy to start - I started keeping a record of what I had read and what I thought of them about a year ago (stopped after about six months, but there is still plenty in there to get me started).  It is quite nice to see my name in print in a different place, and I enjoyed writing the Poppy Shakespeare review, although it was very brief in the end (once I had taken all the bits out that gave the story away).

Anyway.  Hope you are all well and happy.  More soon.

Louise x 

No comments:

Post a Comment