Wednesday 31 August 2011

Headaches

Hi

I have been having headaches since I had my feet operated on, coming up to eight weeks ago.  Does this make sense to anyone?  I suppose it is a manifestation of the mind/body thing - but odd, and annoying.  It seems to be worse when I am tired. Maybe a warning that I should heed, to slow down when I am doing too much.  Anyway, I have decided to ignore the headaches and I am sure they will go away soon.

As time goes on the feet are recovering.  I am not in a hurry to have the x ray to tell me whether the bone has actually healed in my left foot.  I really do not want to have another operation, so I have decided to close my mind to that too.  Bury your head in the sand, anyone?

I did get rather paranoid the other day, just after I had written my last entry on here.  My brain seems to have dulled in recent weeks - I don't have anything much to blog about and this makes me feel a bit stupid, especially now that I know people who know me are reading this. 

But then I decided I am probably no more stupid than usual - I have just been busy with the kids and my brain is therefore in a different gear.  I have still been reading a lot, so there must be something working up there.  And hopefully when school starts again I will have more time to express myself properly, on more important topics.

Actually, nothing is more important to me than my children - which illustrates my current dilemma.  I can't write at all while the kids are home, at least while they are awake - it's just not fair to them.  They need my attention - especially Toddler.  In fact, if he doesn't get my full attention at all times, he sits in his room, or under the coat rack covered in coats, or anywhere within earshot of me really, wailing, 'My Mummy doesn't love me.  My Mummy doesn't even like me at all.  My Mummy doesn't love me' on and on, until I don't know whether to laugh or cry.  Of course, it doesn't take long before I scoop him up and reassure him that I love him more than life itself...and then he is happy again.  Manipulative?  Nah.

I am not sure about play school for Toddler - I keep changing my mind about how many days to send him next term.  It is his last year before big school, so I thought I would keep him home with me for two days to make the most of the time we have together - then I realised that would mean doing the housework on his play school days, leaving me very little time to write.  He actually likes play school a lot, so I would have to lay on a lot of entertainment on his days off.  I am still considering it and he starts next week.

Gotta go,

Louise x     

No comments:

Post a Comment